Inviting Family Members for Visit

If you intend on inviting your family for visit while you are studying in Germany, there are two possibilities. The first option involves sending an invitation/ sponsorship letter, known as the Verpflichtungserklärung, to your family for a visit to Germany. This letter can be obtained from the local foreign office after the presentation of the following documents;

1. Information about your family member intending on visiting you, including:

  • Passport No.
  • First and Last Name
  • Date and Place of Birth
  • A scanned copy of first and last page of their passport

2. Your own passport
3. Your house rent agreement; however, your flat area should be sufficient to accommodate guests, i.e. a space of 12 square meters for each person in the house
4. Your last three months’ salary slips to prove that you can sponsor their visit.
5. 25 Euros

Once you are able to present the above-mentioned documents, the foreign office can then issue you the invitation/ sponsorship letter that you can send to your family member for a visit to Germany.

Alternatively, your family member can directly apply for a visit visa at their local German Embassy, and can provide a proof of your enrolment at a German university as a supporting document to affirm their purpose of visit to Germany.

Book an Appointment with us TodayTake the first step towards fulfilling your dream of studying in Germany

© germany education 2016. All rights reserved